- You will be treated as an equal in the care and attention you receive.
- You will be treated as an individual at all times and will be given courtesy and respect, irrespective of your ethnic origin, religious beliefs or the nature of your health problems.
- Your care will be fully discussed with you and will be provided by the most suitable qualified person. No care or treatment will be given without your consent.
- Within the limitations of the law, patients are entitled to see their medical records.
- We will give you full information about the services we offer.
- It is our job to give you treatment and advice. If you do not understand what is being said then please do not hesitate to ask for clarification.
- People involved in your care will give you their names on request and will make sure you know how to contact them.
- We form part of a Primary Health Care team and patients can contact any member of the team directly without reference to a doctor.
- Please attend your appointment on time. If you are late, we may not be able to see you. If you cannot attend an appointment, please let us know as soon as you can so that it can be offered to someone else.
- If you are too ill to attend surgery and need a doctor to visit you, please let us know as early in the day as possible.
- If your need is urgent, please explain why to the reception staff.
- Please be considerate to staff and other people using the facilities.
How you can help
- You can play your part in helping us to give a better quality of care by:
- being informed about your health
- knowing your medical history and medications
- answering questions about your health honestly
- taking care of and returning on time any loaned equipment
- accepting our advice on preventative care and health screening
- managing your health and wellbeing by maintaining a healthy lifestyle
The standards we set
Our accommodation will be maintained to high standards. If you discover a fault or potential hazard, then please let us know.
We have facilities for disabled people including full access to all rooms. Baby changing facilities are present in the toilet.
We have allocated parking spaces for disabled drivers.
We have access (via INTRAN) to interpreters providing appropriate warning is given.
Our aim is to see all patients with appointments within fifteen minutes of their appointments time. If there is a delay, a full explanation will be given and a choice of waiting or returning another time.
If patients are being seen at short notice or without normal appointment times, then waits may be longer. No patient who is waiting to be seen will have to stand.
Telephone calls will be answered within 30 seconds wherever possible. The lines are very busy until mid-morning so please leave non-urgent calls until later in the day.
Thank you for helping us make your visit to the surgery as comfortable as possible.
Download a copy of the charter by clicking here.